Sunday, December 12, 2010

Death Rattle and Roll

tattoo


LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) — Bob Dylan reached the top of the U.S. pop albums chart for the first time in 30 years on Wednesday, becoming the oldest living person to launch a new disc at No. 1. The 65-year-old rock poet’s latest album, “Modern Times,” sold 192,000 copies in the week ended September 3, his best sales week since tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan started using its point-of-sales data to collate the charts in 1991.


Johnny Cash and Ray Charles both had No. 1 albums in recent years, but they were released posthumously.
I was fairly impressed by this until I saw who he beat out. Danita Kane? Young bro? (don’t write me any stupid emails, I haven’t heard their music nor do I wish to) An album of someone slapping a dead pig would place higher on the charts.



He’s 65 years old!!! This is like his 44th album. The only thing he should be number one at is “#1 grampa”. He looks like he should be tying a damsel to the train tracks. Kinda creepy.
The reviews have pretty much all been favorable, although I did read one saying it sounded like Dylan could drop dead at any moment……. I smell a Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment